Mmmmh … there’s nothing better than the smell of fresh baked banana bread. If somebody had told me how easy and fast it is to bake banana bread, I would have made it more often already. Moreover, it’s perfect for using up overripe bananas that you no longer want to eat.
I started experimenting a year ago with the mission to create the best banana bread recipe and I finally feel that I found the ultimate formula for a dense and moist banana bread that’s worth sharing. Here’s my favorite recipe for you.
Banana Nut Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 100 g melted butter (½ cup)
- 150 g brown sugar (⅔ cup)
- 180 g all-purpose flour (1 ½ cups)
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 125 g walnuts (1 cups)
- Preaheat oven to 170°C (350 °F) fan. Grease a 23 x 13cm (9×5-inch) loaf pan.
- Mix eggs and sugar together with the melted butter.
- Peel the bananas and mash them in a seperate bowl. Add cinnamon.
- Mix banana mash and egg mixture together.
- In a sepearate bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredient mix gradually to the liquid ingredients until it becomes a homogenous dough.
- Add nuts to dough and mix well.
- Pour the dough in the greased pan and bake banana bread for around 50 minutes.